HiRoadbrand development, CX, & website copy
Creating a challenger brand in a low-interest category, we had to accomplish many things to succeed:
- Differentiate ourselves visually and verbally
- Be mobile-first in an analog and desktop market
- Make our story about our customers, not ourselves
- Present complex, boring information in fresh ways
- Make the purchasing and onboarding journey simple
Less than a year after launching, we’re poised to scale nationally, and have succeeded in all metrics:
- Grown over 10x faster than other insurance startups
- Earned 9/10 customer referrals
- Achieved 70+% customer app downloads (vs. single digits for competitors)
HiRoad.com home page, balancing brand representation, low page load times, and industry-leading conversion. We achieved double our growth goal in less than a year, in a glacially-paced industry.
I mapped out the key ways we needed to help our customers' thinking evolve, from insurance as commodity, to HiRoad as lifestyle brand.
This core story is the heart of the brand, and touchstone for all marketing and product copy. It resonates and has powered our growth because it doesn’t start with the product or the company, but with the customer’s self-image. (But then it also speaks to key differentiating features, and functional benefits.)